The prom day can be of the most stressful ones, like the day of your wedding, you spend months planning so that day everything is perfect. However, there are some tricks that you have to take into account to make this the event of your dreams.
- Think of your dress choice
Picking the right Prom dresses is not an easy task, the safest bet is always to choose the well-known cut that best suits your figure and of course the vibe you want to project; long, short, asymmetrical, etc. Let’s not forget that there are plenty of designs available, but not all of them flatter your look. For example, you can inspire by this Vogue post about The 6 Simple Statement Dresses You Need This Summer and take them into the next fashion level.
As for the tips, consider:
The slim girls look gorgeous with loose gowns because they create a stylized silhouette such as the Hot Pink Plunging Neckline Open Back Cocktail Dress that is part of the latest line launched by Jovani Fashion. On the other hand, girls with an hourglass or extra curvy figure look beautifully in pieces with high fitted waist and a tulle skirt, continuing in the same line of design we found the Blush Embellished V Neck Sleeveless Dress.
Now, let’s talk about the usual lengths in Prom dresses and the colors:
- The short dress. A giving an image of exclusivity, it is considered “semi-formal”, commonly known as the feminine equivalent to the suit jacket. You will look classy and gorgeous.
- The cocktail dresses. Fabrics and simpler designs compared with the last pattern. In cocktail cuts, the protagonist is your sensuality; ideal for outgoing girls.
- Color: For brown skin pastel shades like pink, blue, lilac and salmon are perfect. For fair complexions, dresses in daring tones full of color are ideal.
- Fabric: Think about the weather and your comfort. Light and silky or fitting and full of texture.
- Practice your makeup beforehand
Watch beauty tips videos to find ideas on how to put on makeup so that the mug combines with the rest of your style. Some girls use prom as an excuse to wear bright and colorful makeup, while others prefer a subdued and classic look.
If among your Prom dresses potential options, you have pieces with romantic airs, then a natural makeup would be perfect, if they are of an elegant cut, an old Hollywood style makeup will do very well. Try different ideas until you find a look that makes you feel amazing and goes well with your dress.
- Schedule an appointment in your preferred beauty salon
- If you plan to go to the beauty salon to have your hairdressing done, makeup or paint your nails, schedule an appointment at least one month in advance. That way, you will not have problems finding a room available at the last minute. Beauty salons tend to get crowded during the prom season.
- You must schedule an appointment with the manicurist one or two days in advance.
- The appointments for your hairstyle and makeup should be scheduled for the morning before prom.
- Decide with whom you will go to the prom
Some people like to go with a prom couple, while others prefer to go alone. Either way, it’s fun to go with a large group of people that you can dine with before the prom and once the party is over.
A good group is one made up of six to ten people. If your group is larger, you will have trouble making dinner reservations. However, if some people join later, it will probably not be a problem to make room for them. Once you have formed your group, you can start making plans together. You all can create a group chat that includes all of the friends that will be part of your prom group. In it, you can talk about where to meet and where to have dinner.
Also, decide how your group will organize to take photos of the prom. Talk to your group about who will take the photos, if they will be taken at someone’s house or will be taken by a professional photographer at the prom.